/ Blog / meritec – innovators of interconnect products
Meritec – Innovators of Interconnect Products
Based out of Painesville, Ohio, Meritec is an in-house designer and manufacturer of high-performance interconnect solutions, connectors and cable assemblies for the automatic test equipment (ATE), computer, telecommunications, medical, military, and aerospace markets. Established in 1966, Meritec now operates as the Electronic Connector and Cable Assembly Division of Ohio Associated Enterprises. Initially, the company only manufactured IC Test Clips. Sixty years later, Meritec possesses more than 180 patents. Being owned and operated solely by US interests without foreign investors, Meritec is ITAR capable.Meritec’s range of products include the following interconnect solutions:
- Angled 4X/12X Direct Attach Cable Assembly: Because the wires of this Meritec assembly are directly attached to the connector’s contact point, interstitial printed circuit boards are not needed—thus, removing the negative effects the printed circuit board can have on signal strength.
- Multi-Signal Interconnect Assembly: By incorporating liquid-crystal polymers (LCP) and fluorinated ethylene propylene (FEP) ribbon cables, the Meritec Multi-Signal Interconnects outperform common insulation-displacement connectors (IDC).
- Shielded Flat Flex Cable Assembly: These assemblies resolve electromagnetic interference (EMI) issues.
- Right Angle 2mm Cable Assembly: The segmental design of this assembly makes it easily customizable to any electromagnetic interference issue.
- Flex Edge Connector: Meritec originally developed this connector for use in handheld glucose level measurement devices for a biotech customer.
- CP50 (MXI2) I/O Cable Assembly: This cable assembly tolerates impedance matching. With less than 50 pounds of mating force, the minimal insertion force gives room for up to 500 contacts per connection.
- Hermaphroditic Connector: Since this connector mates with itself, only one p-n junction is required.
- General Electric
- Texas Instruments
- General Dynamics
- Lockheed Martin
- Chico, California (Silicon Valley-adjacent location of Meritec’s affilliate Joy Signal)
- Titusville, Pennsylvania (Meritec’s Die and Stamping facility)
- Fort Myers, Florida (Meritec’s Research & Development Test Lab)
Recent Twitter Posts